Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 1: Hi.

I've been inspired by melomeals.blogspot.com's $3.33/day for vegan food, but am fairly certain I am not quite that intrepid. So for the next 30 days, I'm going to see if I can get by on $150. At this point, I have no idea how much I normally spend in a month, so this is a super-big deal for me.

(Oh, and in case you were wondering, the name "Rice Wine Vinegar" means absolutely nothing. It was the first thing I thought of that wasn't already taken. There's a bottle of it sitting in front of me as we speak. Or...type. Or whatever.)



Day 1: $13.83 was spent on:

2 loaves whole wheat bread (with *no* high fructose corn syrup, thank you very much)
2-26 oz. cans spaghetti sauce
1-16 oz. box angel hair (angel hair sounds so non-vegan, eh? I mean, are angels considered beings that can be exploited?)
2-6 oz. boxes SweeTarts (terrible for health, vital for smiling)
3 baking potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment