Thursday, June 4, 2009

Unrelated spiritual stuff

I've been thinking that I need more structure in my life. Particularly, religious structure. I am not sure which direction I need to go in (hence the nice Unitarian-Universalist church going). I've been flirting with Buddhism and Taoism, and they do help me out with my mood and general trying not to freak out about absolutely everything...but that's not quite it. Or maybe it's because there are no temples around here, or because I grew up Christian...but now I'm thinking about attending Catholic services. The rituals may be calming, and I've always been interested by those ladies who post novenas in the newspaper. Just being able to say the same prayer for nine days straight, even if the whole thing seems like begging to me...those ladies have persistence.

I wish there were early morning masses at the churches around here, but alas, 9 AM is the precise time at which I start work.

No comments:

Post a Comment